Tuesday 22 March 2011

The People Vs Banksy

Earlier today, I posted some pictures I took at the Banksy Exhibition held in Bristol in 2009. I mentioned that I had queued for some two hours, along with many thousands more. I didn't however, mention the art project I took part in as I did so.

You may know that some of the earliest Banksy works are in Stokes Croft in Bristol, which bills itself as "Bristol's Cultural Quarter". While queuing, representatives from the "People's Republic of Stokes Croft", a local community and campaigning organisation, handed out cards on which participants could make their own artworks.

These were subsequently exhibited, which I missed, and a book has also been published - must check to see if mine made the cut! Meanwhile, you can be the judge - here's a picture of my drawing, along with the, ah, inspirational queue.




Andrew

No comments: