Wednesday 16 March 2011

Not an A-Z of my CDs: E

I'm really enjoying the wide remit to feature artists and songs I like but for one reason or another I don't own in my collection. I also feel like I could go through the alphabet multiple times and not tire of finding old (and new) tunes to feature.

This week I'm rewinding to the late 80s and Electronic - the "Supergroup" formed by Bernard Summer of New Order, Johnny Marr (formerly of The Smiths) and Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe of the Pet Shop Boys. Here, for your audio and reminiscing pleasure is "Getting Away With It":


Andrew

1 comment:

Raybeard said...

"Reminiscing pleasure" is exactly right. Ah, those sweet memories of times when I could shake my booty on a disco floor in Paris without looking TOO ridiculous. Now gone forever, alas. But it's music like this which allows one to close eyes and be transported back.
Btw it's remarkable how those of my generation have so many of our happiest moments soundtracked by Neil Tennant's voice, commendably enunciating his lyrics clearly and comprehensibly.