Monday 28 March 2011

From the Vaults: March 2010

Today's blog is another of my occasional retrospectives. This time, I've chosen a selection of posts from last March which give a flavour of what I was blogging about this time last year.

First up, a picture from the first in my (stalled) series of features on Great Buildings - the Modernist exemplar that is the Villa Savoye - you can see more here.




Next, an excerpt from my letter to my 60-year old self. If you could talk to your future self, what would you say? Here's how I started:
Dear Andrew,

How has it all worked out? On second thoughts, don't tell me - I'd rather find out for myself.

There are some things that I hope have happened, though.

I hope I managed to sort out my finances in time to enjoy some travelling and make some sort of half-decent pension provision. I know you've still got 7 years before you get the state pension (if there still is one!) but hopefully you've got a bit more put by!

Are you still blogging, or is the Internet completely outmoded? It's funny to imagine that could happen, but then 25 years ago it was hard to envisage it at all!!"

Finally, a link to some poetry, Yeats' Lake Isle of Innisfree.

Hope you enjoy, 

Andrew

No comments: