Tuesday 9 November 2010

Search Me

The list below is taken from my Google Analytics report on the top search terms used to reach my blog, since records began in August last year:


As you can see, the most common search was for Gareth Thomas the former Rugby Union player (and Welsh captain) who now plays Rugby League for the Celtic Crusaders. I'd like to think that visits are generated by the quality of my post about the Rugby Football League fining Castleford Tigers for homophobic abuse leveled at Thomas... but I think it has more to do with this picture:


The next search term is the one I'm most pleased with. Other than those who regularly leave comments, or whom you know personally, it can be difficult, even with the aid of various statistics, to know if anyone is that bothered with what you write. Having people search specifically for "oneexwidow blog" is very satisfying!

I used to feature a lot of poetry here, although this has fallen by the wayside a bit recently. Carol Ann Duffy's piece "Warming Her Pearls" seems to be popular - perhaps it is a set poem for pupils studying English...

Must be the Music was Sky's answer to The X-Factor but with less karaoke and preening by the judges and more genuine songwriting and musical talent. I'm looking forward to hearing more of the winner, Emma's Imagination.

The fifth most common search term finds my review of Christopher Nolan's film, Inception. I loved this intelligent take on the Sci-Fi genre.

So that's the top 5 for now... What will it be like in another 15 months time?

Andrew

No comments: