Tuesday 26 April 2011

Bristol Photos - Part Three

On Friday I went to Ashton Court on the outskirts of Bristol for a walk around the grounds. After a brief break at home, I then went out for a further walk, this time along the North side of the floating harbour from the City Centre to Hotwells, returning along the South bank.

Here are some photos I took along the way:

Trees at Ashton Court

Plaque and Water Supply



The writing translates as "For the health of the soul of Robert of Berkeley, who gave to God and the Church of St. Mary Redcliffe and its ministers the Rugewell and conduit. AD 1190. Erected 1932." - more on this website.


Queens Square
You can see other pictures of Queens Square here.


Water Feature (detail)

Hotwells

Click to see Parts One and Two of this strand.

Andrew

1 comment:

Kyle Leach said...

Andrew, I think I like the plaque and the Hotwells shots the best out of this set.