Thursday 31 December 2009

A New Year Homily

Well, this is my 71st and final blog post of the year. While I try to steer clear of too much that may be better placed in a diary or book of homespun philosophy, today I'm making an exception.

It's normal at this time of year to reflect on the year that's gone. For some of us, this can often lead to feelings of moroseness as we question what we have (or haven't) achieved. This year, however, I feel more positive than most.

Over the course of the year, with a little help from some friends, I've started to make some changes that, in course, should bear much fruit. I've made steps to getting my finances more in order, I've taken more time to do things for myself and I've developed various friendships. I've also enjoyed blogging and - importantly - reading other blogs.

There are a lot of things I'd still like to do - including working on a novel - but 2009 has, in many ways been a year of preparation. 2010 also promises to be a year of change - of which more in due course - and I hope to be building on the foundations laid this year.

Anyway, before this becomes too much like Thought for the Day, only one thing remains: to wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year.


Andrew

No comments: