Wednesday 25 November 2009

Virtual Gallery - Room 3

The third room in my online gallery features the work of an artist that I first came across around 5 years and 1 week ago, when I went to Amsterdam for my 30th birthday. At the time, his work was the subject of a retrospective at the Rembrandthuis museum.

His name is Erik Desmazieres and he creates large scale etchings. Some are figurative works, but many are warped town and cityscape's. Unfortunately the scale and detail of the prints is lost slightly, but I hope this gives you a flavour of his work. Below the pictures I've put links to webpages featuring a number of his works - as it happens, one of these is an old page and makes reference to the exhibition I saw 5 years ago!



From top to bottom, with apologies for missing accents:

L'Atelier de Rene Taze III (1981)
La Magasin de Robert Capia (2008)
Herengracht (2004)
La Librairie Paul Jammes (2000)
Galerie Vero-Dodat (1989)

You can see more of his work here and also here.


Andrew


For previously featured artists, click here.

No comments: