Saturday 22 December 2012

Saturday Six 18

Ah, Christmas, so much free time, so little free time... Changing routines, travelling, shopping, multiple demands on your time, sundry obligations. I shall try to keep blogging meantime, though!

First up for the regular Saturday Six, The Week had an article arguing that Obama is right not jump straight into a argument on Gun Control in the wake of the shootings in Newtown, Connecticut.

The week before last I was in the audience for Question Time - Fullfact.org were the "Extra Guest" commenting on Twitter as the programme was broadcast. These are their findings.

Anyone who knows me, knows I love Tolkien and knows that I love the Peter Jackson films. I do still have a sense of humour about them too, though - and enjoyed this on The Onion.

Peter Oborne in The Telegraph (I'm nothing if not eclectic on these pages) argues that David Cameron's Conservative Backbenchers should be more amenable to the coalition.

David Davies MP: "What? Oh no. Have I said something wrong again? Have I said something really bad? What did I say?" or The curious case of the MP who seems to lack any awareness of how interviews work.

And finally, Caron has a rant... about the "Full Scottish" that John Lewis served me this morning!

Andrew

No comments: