Tuesday 15 February 2011

6 times

On Sunday, fellow blogger and tweeter Andrew Reeves tweeted a link to this blipfoto of the Water of Leith, which flows through Edinburgh, succeeding in making me a bit homesick. He also jogged my memory about a couple of photos I took when I was home in November, featuring the work of Antony Gormley.

Part funded by the proceeds of the Gulbenkian Prize (which the Scottish National Gallery for Modern Art won for the Charles Jencks landscaping project, Landform), 6 times features 6 sculptures positioned along (with the exception of the first one) the course of the  aforementioned river. Time and weather prevented me from seeing them all, but here are two of the figures - 1 and 3, since you ask!:




You can find out more about 6 times here.

Andrew

No comments: