Saturday 12 June 2010

The End of the Road...

Today I'm selling my car back to a dealership. After 2 and a half years (and a bit), Connor and I are parting company.

I'm no longer doing the commute for which he was purchased and it doesn't make sense for me to keep paying out every month to fund his finance contract.

While he has been reliable and done the job intended, he has also been a bit of a drain on my efforts to sort financial affairs out - see various blogs regarding my resolutions. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have gone for a brand new car at the time but as I don't believe in regrets, that's just a bygone!

It's another step forward and another positive for 2010 - albeit tinged with a touch of sadness. Still, I'm looking forward to the savings I'm going to make and the chance to pay down some of my other debts a bit faster.

Andrew

No comments: