Friday 19 February 2010

Virtual Gallery - Room 4

The latest artist to get a room in my virtual gallery is Monet. The great impressionist painter, Monet's work is best seen in real life - I never feel prints do full justice to the pictures and the techniques employed. Still, in the absence of the real thing, prints will suffice.

There were many pictures I could have chosen for this gallery but have gone for some of my favourites. Enjoy!




From top to bottom:
  • Impression - Sunrise (1872)
  • The Houses of Parliament (Effect of Fog) (1903-1904)
  • The Studio Boat (1874)
  • Haystacks: Snow Effect (1891)
  • Bridge Over a Pond of Water Lilies (1899)
For more on Monet, see here. Click here for an interactive tour of The Orangerie and perhaps the most famous of Monet's Water Lily paintings.


Andrew

To see the previous rooms in my virtual gallery, click here.

No comments: