Wednesday 22 February 2012

NOW! That's What I Call A Tune! 20 - The Cover Version

NOW! 20 was the first of the NOW! albums to feature cover graphics in the style to which we have become accustomed over the years.

Released on the 30th November 1991, it features any number of great tracks I could have chosen. After choosing two tracks last week, though, I've imposed some discipline on myself this week and only chosen one track. I will divulge, though, that this was the runner up.

In a way, I have still managed to have my cake and eat it. The chosen track is a cover two great songs, a Mash-Up before we knew what Mash-Ups were! Here are the Pet Shop Boys with Where The Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes Off You):



Andrew

1 comment:

Raybeard said...

An entire and unexpected three hours of sheer bliss this a.m. when I played this track and then let it run on. Some of the videos I knew, but most I didn't, even though knowing most of the songs. Could have gone on even longer without repeating any of them. Will return to it later. PSB - surely one of the peaks of pop music.