Saturday 18 June 2011

It. All. Ends.

There's just under a month to wait until the last of the Harry Potter films and I'm really looking forward to it. Whilst I've not been as much as fan of the films as the books - indeed, I've not actually seen all the films - I am really looking forward to the conclusion of the series.

Deathly Hallows part 1 seemed to fly by and ended with a cliff-hanger, setting up part 2 nicely. There'll be death, destruction and a fair amount of tears. There'll be treachery, secrets and revelations. And there will be a victor in the epic battle of Good against Evil.



Andrew

4 comments:

Raybeard said...

Like you I am also looking forward to DH2, but for a rather different reason, viz. that watching the complete series will then be over and done with.
Seen all the films and, without exception, found them all tiring to watch. Not that they are BAD films - they certainly aren't that - but before they are even half-way through I find the relentless assault on the visual sense more than my feeble mind can take. Maybe it's a generation thing but wouldn't want to watch any of the films again. Only wish I did.
One thing I do like about them, though, is seeing so many fine, stalwart British actors in ensemble. It's almost like a repertory company.
I've also read the first 4 (or is it 5?), of the books and found them a bit more entertaining than the films, but only by a small margin.
Hope that your expectations of the final instalment are fulfilled.

(File me under 'Crusty Old Codgers')

MadeInScotland said...

Does it end like the book?

ahoj

Stephen Chapman said...

It seems so long ago that we heard the words: "you're a wizard 'Arry"

oneexwidow said...

Stephen, you're right, it was soooo long ago.

Like Raybeard, I personally wouldn't mind not seeing the earlier films again - much prefer the later, darker films!

I believe the film ends as the book - complete with Epilogue. I can't really see how else it could do anything else, tbh!