Sunday 5 September 2010

5 on the 5th - September 2010

Today was the Bristol International Kite Festival and despite some overcast and showery weather, there was still a full programme of displays, choreographed "ballets" and mass ascensions. 

By happy coincidence, today is also the 5th and therefore time for my monthly contribution to Stephen's 5 on the 5th. So no prizes for guessing that I've not gone with the nominated theme ("The Blues") but have instead chosen some of my pictures from today.


Butterflies
Delta Serpent with Box Kite
"Spinning Bowls"
"Spirit in the Sky"
Garfield, some cows and a dog

Andrew

11 comments:

Raybeard said...

Great stuff! Would love to have seen it in person.

Mind Of Mine said...

I love photo 3!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! You have a great eye for contrasts. Well done.

Love
Daniel

Unknown said...

The kites are just gorgeous. Nice collection!

oneexwidow said...

Thank you all...

MoM: The Spinning Bowls in picture 3 were impressive. I've got lots more pictures, and a couple of videos, so may well do a follow up post with more of them. The bloke in the orange top attached to the red white and blue one was getting pulled along by it at one point!

Anonymous said...

Nice images. I've never seen cow kites before.

-nl

Unknown said...

That is sooooo cool. I love kites. I was 11 the last time my gramps and I flew one. Thanks for the walk on memory lane. Awwww.

tqe | Adam said...

Cow kites are a new one for me... most impressive captures.

Anonymous said...

This must have been a sight to see. I've got an urge to go fly a kite now.

Unknown said...

i love bristol (once spent a month on holiday there) and I love your pictures! i agree would have love to have been there to witness this! Great job at capturing the moment.

best!
darci
iamwitness.org

oneexwidow said...

Thanks for all the comments - have posted more pics here: http://oneexwidow.blogspot.com/2010/09/bristol-international-kite-festival.html