Wednesday 5 January 2011

An A-Z of my CDs: Q

This week it's "Q"... and I don't have any CDs from artists with Q in their name. I have opted, therefore, to go with a track from an album I used to have on cassette: Finley Quaye's Maverick A Strike. Here's Sunday Shining - a track, like the album, which will always remind me of Ullapool.


Finley Quaye - Sunday Shining

Hope you enjoy! Guesses for "R" below please!

Andrew

P.S. If this looks familiar, it's because I linked to the video on this post. I make no apologies for repeating myself!

3 comments:

Raybeard said...

WTF???? And I bet I wasn't alone in thinking that your 'Q' was going to be a no-brainer!
Well, no doubt with 'R' you're going to come up with someone else from the margins of our consciousness so this time I'll have to consider carefully before positing a name.

oneexwidow said...

Ah, I don't own anything by the band you presumed would feature. Good as they are, they don't really rock my boat enough to make me buy anything - even one of the many Greatest Hits packages!

The act I currently have in mind for R is more mainstream and current than Mr Quaye but that's as much of a clue as you're getting!

Quite by chance, I was in FOPP at lunchtime and saw Maverick A Strike was available for £3.00. It was quickly added to my mini-pile and is now in my possession.

Raybeard said...

Ah, so your 'R' is Sir Cliff, eh? I remember him right back at the start when he was being pushed as the 'British Elvis', complete with forced scowl and quiff. Have to admit, though, that in half a century he has made about a dozen or so pretty good records.
Well I didn't really think that you'd have chosen the Stones, though they'd have come high up on my own list. With your 'clue' I'd have thought you more likely to have opted for REM, for which I wouldn't disapprove one bit.
Btw - ;-)