Wednesday 18 January 2012

NOW! That's What I Call A Tune! 15

Often when I'm reading, I notice unexpected connections between books - a common reference or location, the use of a particularly unusual word or phrase. These connections between books apparently chosen at random, albeit from a subset of published litrature entitled "Books Andrew Wants To Read", lend a superficial  and arbitary structure and narritive to my reading.

There is something of a parralel in the choosing of tracks for this series of posts. There will be links and themes that surface from the choices I make from the subset of music which is "Tracks From NOW! Albums That Andrew Likes". The difference, of course, is that I am consciously making the decisions and am therefore aware when I am creating these links and narritives.

Last week, I mentioned my love of the sixties... this week I've continued with that theme with Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers. Yes, I'm aware this is a bit naff (and yes, I'm aware that nobody uses the word "naff" anymore) but it's of its time and it's my choice:



Andrew

1 comment:

Raybeard said...

They don't make them like that any more. Great shame.

I recall every one of those records first coming out - and if you ever suggested that any of them was less than 'fab' you were looked down on as decidedly odd, or even worse, as a 'square'! So, in order to fit in, I went along with the crowd. (Yeah, man!) Heady, innocent years - well, at least for those us too young at the time.