Welcome to an experimental posting - an attempt at an interactive quiz!
Here's how it's going to work: I've set my comments to require moderation, so people can answer in the comments section without seeing the previous responses. I'll accumulate answers over the weekend before publishing them and announcing a winner at the beginning of next week.
Now, I know that this is the internet and you can easily go and get the answers but I trust you, dear reader, not to cheat. I also know you'll be wondering what the prize will be - as if playing for pride alone is not enough!!
So here goes with my first quiz attempt. I've gone for 5 relatively simple questions and it's a topical sports quiz, themed round the imminent Commonwealth Games and the Ryder Cup...
- As well as the Commonwealth Games, athletes from England and which other 3 countries can also complete in the Olympic Games, World Championships and European Championships?
- What is the "nickname" of the Commonwealth Games?
- Where will the next games, after Delhi, be held?
- Why did the Ryder Cup not go ahead as planned in 2001?
- When was the Ryder Cup first contested between Europe and America?