Tuesday 24 July 2012

You take the High Road...

... last week, I went home to Scotland for a long weekend. Partly this was because I got return flights, including admin fees, for the obscenely low price of £40. But mostly it was to surprise my parents (who didn't know I was coming) and take them out for Afternoon Tea at The Balmoral.

Whilst home, I went through to a friend in Glasgow who ran us out to Luss on the shores of Loch Lomond from where we took the Waterbus to Balmaha. After a late lunch (and a pint of Belhaven Best) in Balmaha's one eatery, we returned to Luss.

Readers of a certain generation may recall Luss was the setting for Take The High Road and I'm afraid to say I'm humming the tune as we speak; if you need a little help remembering what the tune was, just follow this link...

Anyway, here are a selection of pics from the Loch:







Andrew

1 comment:

Stephen Chapman said...

Looks rather nice!

Hope you had a great weekend. It's cheaper to fly to Scotchlandia than to get a train to London isn't it?!