Thursday 17 March 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day

It's fair to say that St. Patrick's is the most widely celebrated of all the Saints' Days of the countries of the British Isles. Indeed, while the Scots and Welsh also celebrate St. Andrew's and St. David's days to some extent, many English people would be hard-pushed to even tell you when St. George's day is.

I'm not sure whether or not I'll be joining in the celebrations and enjoying a drop of the dark stuff myself but either way, I've been enjoying these (and a number of other) classic Guinness adverts when putting together this post:

Enjoy and Sláinte!





Andrew

2 comments:

MadeInScotland said...

Most widely celebrated...outside mainland GB? Who knows. I don't celebrate it though!

oneexwidow said...

Well, I did mean in the British Isles... am sure many other Saint's days more feverently supported in a lot of countries - particularly in Catholic and Orthodox countries.

Of course, part of the reason it is widely celebrated is down to the marketing genius of those cunning people at Guinness!